Malaysian Social Aid Organizations, Links and Websites
- Malaysian Care
The Malaysian Care service directory dealing with social concerns including :
- Substance abuse
- Prison outreach
- HIV/Aids aid and counselling
- Children’s welfare
- Senior citizens’ welfare
- Community development
- Physical disabilities
- Befrienders (Malaysia)
Phone-in, email or face-to-face help and counselling especially to individuals contemplating suicide.
- Malaysian Psychiatric Association
Resource list for those in need of guidance or advice concerning mental health for loved ones.
- MAKNA (Majlis Kanser Nasional / National Cancer Coucil)
MAKNA aspires to help make accessible, effective and compassionate treatment of cancer to even the poorest patient.
- Malaysian AIDS Council
Provides aid, counselling, care and support to individuals with HIV/AIDS.
- Pursuing Liberty Under Christ (PLUC)
Provides counselling and support to individuals struggling with issues related to sexuality and homosexuality.
- Brothers’ Keepers
A Christian drug rehabilitation center for men.
Lot 1959K, Jalan Batu Tiga Lama, Kawasan 16, 41300 Klang.
email : email@example.com or contact Mark Ooi (016-3920995)
International Links and Websites
- International Social Concerns Links (provided by Malaysian Care)
A page of links to many social concerns organizations including :
- Addiction organizations
- Addiction related websites
- Sexual addiction & recovery
- Disability work and resource organizations
- International social work organizations & agencies
- Brefrienders Worldwide
The Befrienders provide emotional support and counselling especially to people in the high risk group contemplating suicide. Locate a Befrienders in your country to help you or a friend in distress.