After surveying nearly 100 women, I found several common areas in which women, myself included, need the touch of God to be whole and complete. Ladies, see if you can relate to
needing God’s healing touch in these areas of your life, as well:
1. Our Hearts – So They Can Be “Set On Things Above”: Women often stress over the temporal – bills that must be paid, whether or not a man will come into our lives, if we’ll be able to have a child, what someone is saying about us, how our body looks, and so on. It takes God’s touch to clear our hearts of what this world says is important and focus it on the things above.
2. Our Minds – So They Are Transformed and Renewed: It’s amazing how many women profess to know God and follow Him, yet their thinking patterns are just like those of anyone else in the world. Scripture commands us: “Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know what God wants you to do, and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect his will really is” (Romans 12:2). What mental anguish we would spare ourselves from if we would let God transform our mind and renew our thoughts to think as He would.
3. Our Mouths – To Be Wholesome and Pleasing to God: Because women tend to be communicators, we can cause much damage with our mouths if we do not bring them under God’s control. Whether it is gossip, criticism or unkind remarks, our mouths can be instruments of righteousness or unrighteousness. God’s touch on our lives can make us women whose words heal and encourage, rather than distract and destroy.
4. Our Bodies – To Be Pure and Holy for Him: Are you one to worry and stress about what the scale says, how many calories you took in, and whether or not you can still fit into a certain size? It is important that we keep our bodies healthy and in good shape (as we are His temple), but God says our most prevalent concern should be that we keep our bodies holy. In fact, God calls keeping our bodies holy our “spiritual act of worship” (Romans 12:1). One of the ways we can keep our bodies holy is by how we choose to dress. If the way we dress says “Look at me!” we may want to rethink how we dress so that others can see Christ through us.
5. Our Emotions – To Be Calmed with the Peace of God: There are days when, hormonally or just circumstantially, we need God’s touch to calm our frazzled emotions and level out our lives. Philippians 4:6-7 says “Don’t worry about anything, but pray about everything. With thankful hearts offer up your prayers and request to God. Then, because you belong to Christ Jesus, God will bless you with peace that no one can completely understand. And this peace will control the way you think and feel”. A woman who is controlled by God’s peace is not on the edge, but in the spacious place of His embrace.
I believe if we seek God’s touch in those five areas of our lives we would rarely have reason to feel we are going over the edge. (CINDI MCMENAMIN)