In this Scripture we find the message and meaning of Christmas. Isaiah the prophet gave five awe-inspiring names of our Lord that encourage us, thrill us, and fill us with hope at this Christmas season.
1. WONDERFUL: When Christ did His many miracles, the Scriptures says, “The people wondered” (Luke 11: 14, KJV).
2. COUNSELOR: The people said, “No one ever spoke the way this Man does” (John 7:46. NIV).
3. THE MIGHTY GOD: He is the God-Man. He said that He and the Father are one (John 10:30).
4. THE EVERLASTING FATHER: It was by Him, the Living Word, that all things were created. He is the designer of the whole universe (John 1:3 & Hebrews 11:3).
5. THE PRINCE OF PEACE: There will never be lasting peace on earth until Christ comes again to reign in righteousness. But He is also the Prince of Peace in other ways. None can have peace with God apart from Him and the peace that He made through the blood of His cross (Colossians1:20).
How has Christ shown you recently that He is “Wonderful, Counselor … the Prince of Peace?
(BILLY GRAHAM EVANGELISTIC ASSOCIATION)