1. Pray that like the Apostle Paul, our goal is to know Christ, to be like Christ, and to be all that Christ has in mind for each of us. Pray that we will not let anything take our eyes off our goal of knowing Christ, and with single-mindedness, we will lay aside everything harmful and forsake anything that may distract us from being effective Christians for Christ. Praise God that our hope is in Christ, and therefore we can let go of past mistakes, failures and setbacks, and look forward to what God will help us become. Pray that we will grow in the knowledge of God by concentrating on our relationship with Him, and choose to live a life of faith and obedience, that we may become the kind of disciples that new Christians can imitate. Pray that God will grant us a determination to press forward, and that we will not allow any barriers stop us from getting the prize of the high calling of God upon our lives.
2. Praise God that last Saturday and Sunday, our members were able to come back to church for the worship services, and to partake of the Holy Communion as a community of believers in Christ. Praise God that everything went off smoothly. Pray for God’s protection and favour upon the churches in Malaysia, and that His children will be able to gather to worship Him every weekend. Pray that people will be patient and understanding, and will adhere to the protocols for physical attendance during the worship services. As Klang Wesley will be live streaming the worship services, pray that the equipment and network, and all that is involved will work fine, and there will be no disruptions to the live stream. Pray that as a church, we will be an encouragement to those who are not able to come back to church for the worship services, or who choose not to come back yet, that they will be blessed by the live stream worship services.
3. Pray for the Church of Malaysia. Pray for a spirit of repentance to come upon God’s people for the lack of love for Him and for one another. Ask for His forgiveness for offering to Him worship, prayers and fasting that is lukewarm before Him. Pray that we will humble ourselves, turn from our wicked ways, and seek His face. Pray that the Holy Spirit will bring us to complete obedience so we will live lives of holiness. Pray against divisions in the Body of Christ, and that God will remove all prejudice and whatsoever else that hinders us from being united as one in Christ. Pray that the Church of Malaysia will experience perfect unity and that will bring great glory to God. Pray also that the Church will be vigilant and faithful in prayer, especially in difficult times like these. Pray that the Lord will give us strength to persevere as we lift up our intercessions to Him.
4. There were 90 domestic violence cases reported to the Selangor Welfare Department throughout the initial months of the movement control order (MCO) in the state. Praise God that the state government has taken the measures to address it through the Selangor Welfare Department, such as helping victim file interim protection orders in court, providing transportation for them to go to alternative homes, safe places or shelters, as well as to hospital and medical facilities if they suffered injuries. Pray that the victims of domestic violence will not feel guilt nor shame but have the courage to seek help in order to free themselves from abuse. Pray that God will protect the innocent children who suffer or witness violence and abuse, and that He will bring healing to their bodies, emotions, minds and spirits. Pray also for the perpetrators of domestic violence that God will help them recognise their abusive behaviour, and they will be willing to seek professional help.
5. Pray for the Parliamentary Sitting, that all Members of Parliament (MPs) will put the national interest first and foremost before making any decision, and that they will not seek their own interests, but the interests of the people and future generations. Pray that God will bring decorum, discipline and order to the chaotic situation in the Parliament, and that the MPs will conduct themselves in a professional and civilised manner. Pray that truth, righteousness and justice will reign in the parliamentary sittings, and that the MPs will have hearts of integrity, fear of God, clear consciences and clean hands. Pray that the Lord will strengthen the MPs who are righteous in His eyes, and grant them wisdom, strength, perseverance, and tenacity to never give up. Pray that the Lord will put the nation back to the path of righteousness and justice, and He will raise up righteous men and women to fill the positions of governance in the land.
6. Pray for TRAC, for the 45th Session TRAC in November 2020. It was decided recently that the Conference will be cut short to one and a half full days instead of four days, and the venue will be changed from Port Dickson Methodist Centre to a venue in the Klang Valley. Pray for God’s guidance upon the Local Planning Committee under Central District 2. Pray that all arrangements will proceed smoothly. Pray also for TRAC President, Rev Dr T. Jeyakumar, for wisdom, as he will be leading the Conference during these unprecedented RMCO times.
7. New daily infections of the Covid-19 virus continue to escalate in many nations throughout the world, and the infections will soon be more than 14 million. Recent reports of strict lockdown measures in Melbourne and Hong Kong, and new local transmission cases in Kuching, Sarawak, have inadvertently stirred fears of a second wave of the Covid-19 viral pandemic. Pray for wisdom for leaders in the world who are making decisions that affect the lives and futures of their citizens, that they will work together with their health experts, and make wise and workable decisions to contain the virus and curb its spread. Pray that their citizens will heed the policies of their governments, submit to the authorities, and work together with them to combat the virus. Pray also that God will give government officials the ability to safely handle people arriving from other countries.