Speaker: Ms Taeko Funaoka
Sermon Title: Jesus, the giver of living water, the Savior of the world
Scripture Text: John 4: 5 – 42
Introduction & Historical Background
Enmities existed between the Jews and the Samaritan. However, the tension-filled conversation between Jesus and the woman produced a delightful harvest in the end for God’s kingdom.
1. Jesus gives living water (vv7-18).
What is living water?
It is the life nourished by God, by outpouring of the Holy Spirit.
Jeremiah 2:13, Ezekiel 36:25-27, Zechariah 14:8
2. Jesus seeks the true worshipers (vv.19-26).
What is the true worship?
Worship the Father in spirt and truth.
The true worship takes place in Jesus and through Him.
Jesus is the temple (1:14, 2:19).
Jesus has destroyed on the cross the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility (Ephesians 2:14-16).
3. Jesus pursues the Father’s will (vv31-42).
What does Jesus mean in verse 34 “My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to accomplish his work”?
Jesus always acts in accordance with the Father’s will (8:29). The Father meets his needs. Jesus came as the Savior of the world.
1. Do I turn to Jesus to quench my spiritual thirst, for my spiritual renewal?
2. Is Jesus the centre of my worship?
3. To whom in my family and friends, can I introduce the giver of living water and the gift?
Christian Copyright Licensing International (CCLI)
Account #: 464937
* Copyright License – 31/07/2023
* Song@Select Advance – 31/07/2023
* Streaming License – 31/07/2023