1. Confess to God that we often struggle to be contented with what we have, and our needs seem to outnumber our resources. Ask for forgiveness that we often forget that God has graciously provided us with every spiritual blessing in Christ, and everything we need for life and godliness. Pray that the Lord will help us to be content in Him, and with what He has given us, and that we will not be focused on what our flesh desires or what the world tells us we should have. Pray that God will protect us from coveting possessions, talents or influence, relationships or prestige. Pray that He will keep our hearts from being anxious for what we do not have, and make us thankful for all the blessings that He has already given us. Pray that we will be changed by the ultimate example of contentment as demonstrated by Christ who was content to go to the cross to fulfil the Father’s will to rescue a people for Himself who can be free from discontent and be zealous for good works.
2. Klang Wesley will be reopening the church doors for all to come back and worship God on Saturday, July 11, 2020 and Sunday, July 12, 2020. However, the church has to observe strict conditions in the standard operating procedures (SOP) imposed by the Selangor State government. Pray that all procedures will be strictly followed, and things will run smoothly. Pray that the people who have medical conditions listed in the SOP will abide by the SOP, and continue to worship God from home with the online worship services.
3. Pray for the Sunday School Ministry as the Sunday School classes have been doing online classes during the last three months because of the MCO and RMCO. Pray for the team of teachers. As some of the teachers have been busy with work and other matters, pray that God will give them strength and wisdom to cope with the new normal of teaching the children via zoom. Pray that the teachers will be able to connect well with the children during the online lessons, and that the children will be attentive, and respond well to their teachers. Pray for good teamwork among the teachers, and that they will continue to encourage and support one another, and be passionate about the children’s ministry. Pray for God’s guidance for the Sister Tien Bin and the teachers as they look into the possibility of having a virtual VBS with Pastor Nicholas Choo this year because of the Covid-19 situation. Pray that God will grant wisdom and creativity to Pastor Nicholas Choo as to how the virtual camp will be carried out if the VBS is on.
4. Praise God that Malaysia has been successful in containing the spread of the Covid-19 virus in the nation. The government has so far allowed many sectors and businesses to resume, including domestic tourism, interstate travel, theme parks, cinemas, and schools, among others. Hence, there is always the possibility of an outbreak occurring at any time. Pray that the nation will be able to maintain and sustain zero local transmission for the next month. Pray that the rakyat will be responsible and continue to fully observe the SOPs of wearing masks and practicing good hygiene and social distancing in public as emphasised by the health authorities. Pray that business operators will ensure that all SOPs are strictly followed by their workers and customers. Pray that the authorities will be vigilant to deal with people who violate the recovery MCO regulations. Pray also that returnees from abroad will undergo a test for Covid-19 before entering Malaysia, do the 14-day home quarantine, and undergo a second Covid-19 screening on the 13th day of home quarantine. Pray that we, as a nation, will be humble, and learn from other nations that have eased and lifted their lockdowns so that Malaysia will not experience a second wave of infections.
5. Kindergartens and preschools have reopened. Pray that the people running these centres will always put the safety of the little children as top priority, and they will strictly follow the safeguards that are in line with the SOP set by the government, and if need be, restrict the number of children attending. After nearly four months of home-based learning, students from Form 1 to Form 4, Remove Class, Form 6 Semester 1, and primary school children from Years 5 & 6 will resume face-to-face classes on July 15, 2020, while children from Year 1 to Year 4 will return to school on July 22, 2020. Pray for wisdom for the school heads and teachers to choose the appropriate operating models set by the Education Ministry to ensure the students’ safety. Pray that the schools will always be diligent and vigilant in enforcing the SOP set by the government. Pray that all the students, especially those from primary and lower secondary age groups, will cooperate with the practices of temperature check, wearing of masks, and in particular, social distancing. Pray that teachers and students will do their part to abide by all the guidelines, and God will protect all of them, and keep them healthy.
6. Pray that the Church in Malaysia will approach God’s throne of grace with perseverance at this critical hour in our nation’s history to plead for God’s divine intervention to bring order and peace to our political arena. Pray against the spiritual forces of darkness that are threatening the nation, and that God will bring down the schemes of the enemy that are out to destroy, kill and steal righteousness and justice in the nation. Pray against all forms of nepotism and cronyism. Pray that the Lord will cause the people whom He has placed in positions of political leverage to boldly voice out on the side of truth, righteousness and justice, and to be able to impact the decision makers. Pray that God will bless our federal and state governments, and grant them wisdom to rule with integrity and uprightness. Pray for political stability in the nation, and that the government will focus on nation rebuilding, and restoring the economy of Malaysia.
7. Although lockdowns are being eased in many countries in the world, the daily number of new Covid-19 cases worldwide recently reached more than 10 million, and the devastating economic toll continues to rise in the world. Pray for the governments of the world’s nations to continue to implement the right policies, and to take a comprehensive approach by rigorous testing and tracing, quarantining every case, equipping and training health workers and educating and empowering communities to protect themselves and others, so as to suppress transmission and save lives. Pray for the health care workers in nations where the daily infections have continued to soar, that God will grant them physical, mental and emotional strength to cope with the situation, and that He will protect them and their families from the coronavirus and keep them healthy. Praise God that scientists from all over the world are working together, and are examining the progress made so far in developing effective health tools to improve the global response to the pandemic. Pray that God will bless their efforts, and an effective vaccine to combat the virus will be discovered quickly.