- My hands are small; please don’t expect perfection whenever I make a bed, draw a picture or throw a ball. My legs are short; please slow down so that I can keep up with you.
- My eyes have not seen the world as yours have; please let me explore safely. Don’t restrict me unnecessarily.
- Housework will always be there. I’m only little for a short time, please take time to explain things to me about this wonderful world and do so willingly.
- My feelings are tender, please be sensitive to my needs. Don’t nag me all day long. (You wouldn’t want to be nagged for your inquisitiveness). Treat me as you would like to be treated.
- Please don’t be afraid to leave for a weekend together. Kids need vacations from parents just as parents need vacations from kids. Besides, it’s a great way to show us kids that your marriage is special.
- I am a special gift from God; please treasure me as God intended you to do, holding me accountable for my actions, giving me guidelines to live by and disciplining me in a loving manner.
- Please give me freedom to make decisions concerning myself. Permit me to fail, so I can learn from my mistakes. Then someday I’ll be prepared to make the kinds of decisions that life requires of me.
- Please don’t overdo things for me.Somehow that makes me feel that my efforts didn’t quite measure up to your expectations. I know it’s hard, but please don’t try to compare me to my brother or sister.
- I need your encouragement to grow. Please go easy on the criticism; remember, you can criticize the things I do without criticizing me.
- Please take me to Sunday School and church regularly, setting a good example for me to follow. I enjoy learning more about God.
Verse of the Day
““‘Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.”
Brought to you by BibleGateway.com. Copyright (C) NIV. All Rights Reserved. (Leviticus 19:18, NIV)